Saturday, December 3, 2016

Understanding Problem-Solving 12/02/2016

To understand problem-solving, you must first understand that there are many views on perception. Perception can change the answer to a problem with just a blink of an eye, or a new idea given by other observers. For instance, look at the image of the Duck...

Or is it a duck?  Maybe I viewed it as a 
Duck but it is really a Rabbit. At this point, I am not sure if I saw a duck or a rabbit. But I do know one thing, I realized that I may not be observing a problem with my full potential. You would not lay blame on an innocent man, at least not without research first. So why would you attempt to problem solve without collaborating with all those involved in the problem...because I have learned very quickly, that what I see is not what you see.  


Let's also talk about intuition. Intuition plays a big role in problem-solving as we all know, based on experience. We use our life experiences of how problems were solved as we aged and we now use them and call them "Intuition". Fantastic concept huh? Before you begin your problem-solving quest there are factors you need to consider. 

#1 You need to feel like there is a problem.
#2 Make sure you collect facts and not just rely on intuition. And finally...
#3 Make sure you are open-minded to all perspectives

We need facts because there are always three views to a problem. Your view, my view and the God's honest view. Which face it, unless you got a direct connect with the "big guy", you only have your view and my view to work with. And whoever else feels like the may need to pipe in their opinion. 
 Make sure you step into a problem-solving session with an open mind. Many times, someone else's ideas are near perfect. By collaboration, you and anyone else participating in the problem solving, just may be able to save the world...ok, maybe not save the world, but at least working together is a start. 

The very idea of community problem solving is what my blog is about. No one person can save the world, it takes many minds, and cultures, and educations, and perspectives to come up with a workable solution to any problem. 
Feedback is welcomed and if you have a problem to solve, personal or communal, join my blog, maybe together we can organize an acceptable compromise which can lead to your solution. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Catherine,
    I really like the picture that you put (Rabbit or Duck?). Sometimes the problem can be rabbit for one person and can be duck for the other person. Even the identical twin won't have the same thinking or prospective for one problem.

    Val

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good point Valenzia, I thought the picture was appropriate to get my point across about how we all have different perspectives no matter what has been placed in front of you.

      Delete
  2. Hey Catherine,
    For a first time blogger, I think you've done really well. You immediately intrigued me and left me wanting to read more with the duck/rabbit picture. What a way to engage your audience. I know this isn't a writing course, but I just wanted to give you a compliment. Also, is that really a rabbit?? I can't see it AT ALL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Christina, a rabbit or a duck. Since you see the duck but not the rabbit, let me hep you...the duck bill is the rabbits ears. Now look at it again and see if you can envision it. Good luck on seeing another perspective that has been shared with you. This is the purpose of my blog. I am glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete