Friday, January 6, 2017

?????? Problem Solved ??????

My second WK6 post on my blog is my reflection of a college level class I am about to finish up. WLDN2010-1 What's your Problem? Because of my goal to obtain my degree in the Science Interdisciplinary field, I approached this class with eyes wide open. The idea of being able to problem solve successfully relates to interdisciplinary science hands down. Not only academically was this class important to me but the fact that I have acquired so much information for my future goal is important to me also.
Our readings seem to call out to me in every aspect necessary for myself to learn what I needed. Because of the research, I pursued outside of my reading required, I even learned more diversified ways of problem-solving and the stages and processes needed to make problem-solving successful. I now understand why the Presidential elections take so long to conclude, because, without a good team to work with, and good problem-solving skills, you will not be a successful candidate.
Although I knew about data details involving quantitative and qualitative data being a necessity for all fair and diversified solutions to problems, I was not aware of the extreme difference between the two types of data and why they are so important to use together. It makes perfect sense to use legitimate numerical data along with personal data to conclude a problem. Problems are personal, and if the public does not feel a personal connection to a problem, they will not see the problem. The qualitative process of data, looking for a more personal feeling about a problem make the combination of all data more interesting and more important to all involved. Quantitative data usually shows us that there is a potential problem and how we may begin to resolve the issue.
One of the most enjoyable things I came across in my class was the blog entries. I have thoroughly enjoyed expressing my feelings and researched data on my obsessive discussion of whether textbooks should still be in the classroom.  The feedback has been a great problem solver for me and I have come to a great realization that although I believe textbooks should be in a classroom, technology should be included too. The two need to work together just like quantitative and qualitative data need to work together.
As like any class you take, it helps if you feel the class is informative enough to carry on in your lifestyle. I truly feel that this class, “What’s your Problem?”, will be a class that I carry in my memory forever. I will remain practicing the skills I have learned, not only in fairness and equality but in how to remain neutral in all decisions, especially those involving a problem that needs to be solved. As my career progresses forward within the school district I am employed at, I feel that now I will be able to bring more to the table during our teamwork meetings and can set aside personal feeling for dedicated researched information.


     Walden University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, www.hlcommission.org.

1 comment: